Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekly Wag Announces 1st Ever "Headlining Hound" Winner


The results are in!
Congratulations Sammy! You are crowned Weekly Wag's 1st Ever Headlining Hound!
After a long night of bickering, barking, and ballot recounting -- and no Milkbone breaks -- the Wag's staff finally came to a unanimous decision to crown our hound.
From homeless to Headlining Hound, Sammy the wire-haired terrier proved that with perserverance, anything is possible. His family dumped him alone in the country to fend for himself. He lived on stolen birdseed and grass until his new forever family found him and gave him a home.
Now our champion is full-bellied and famous. He spends his days napping, digging in the mud and goofing around with his two doggie siblings. What a life, Sammy!
We're anxiously waiting to hear a few words from Sammy himself about how he's dealing with his new fame and celebrity status. Hopefully he'll comment to the Weekly Wag soon!
The Weekly Wag staff wants to thank Bella, Sarge, Henley, Lola, Riley, Clyde, Zuzu, Bo, Hunter, and all the other contestants (and their people!) for submitting fabulous photos. We wish we didn't have to pick just one!

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone! I am honored to be your first Headlining Hound!! This is one of my favorite pictures. My mom and dad were having something called a "dinner party" so they let me and my sisters out into the yard just before the guests arrived. I was working on a big hole when they came back to get us. They started making mad noises and saying something about mud. I thought I was going to get in big trouble, but instead they brought out the camera and took my picture!! Then everyone was laughing so I was off the hook. Phew!! Thanks again for this big honor, I am going to celebrate by taking a nap on my favorite couch!
    -Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few words from our Headling Hound, Sammy! Keep up the mischief and send us more of your award-winning antics caught on film!
    -Weekly Wag

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so for adotping a dog. My frist dog I ever had came from the pound. Best dog ever.

    ReplyDelete